Visit Christian Fletcher Fine Art Photography

Autumn Leaf, Nannup N028Ds

by Christian Fletcher
N028Ds

Nannup's name is of Noongar Aboriginal origin, meaning either "stopping place" or "place of parrots", and was first recorded by surveyors in the 1860s. The area was initially known as "Lower Blackwood", and was first explored by Thomas Turner in 1834. In 1866, a bridge was built over the river and a police station was established. A townsite was set aside in 1885, surveyed in 1889 and gazetted on 9 January 1890.[1] In 1906, a primary school and shire office were built, and in 1909, a railway (no longer in operation) was built from jarrah wood, linking to the South Western Railway and allowing the export of Nannup timber.

License Options

Price

Press Add to Cart for more licensing information.